Be a Champion for Primary Care: Top Ten Things You Can Do
- Join the campaign by signing up for regular updates
- Follow the campaign on Twitter and Like us on Facebook. Retweet and Share campaign communications. Promote the campaign on social media: @healthisprimary, #MakeHealthPrimary
- Download our 2017 desktop calendar for weekly and monthly reminders about how you can be a champion for primary care.
- Post a link to HealthisPrimary.org on your website using the website badges here
- Wear your favorite campaign message on a t-shirt and spread the word about the value of primary care.
- Print campaign posters and hang them in your office waiting room. There are two versions—one with Health is Primary logo only and a customizable version that allows you to add your practice name and logo.
- Share Health is Primary patient information sheets with your patients. They are available in English and Spanish.
- Volunteer to give a presentation in your community—to local employers, news media or patient advocacy groups—about the importance of a strong primary care foundation. Use the campaign video and infographics in your presentation.
- Share your story with the campaign.
- Sign up to be part of coordinated Health is Primary activities during Primary Care Week. Email us at champions@FMAHealth.org to be notified about plans and tools to #MakeHealthPrimary during the Primary Care Week in October.
September Focus: Adolescent Health
October Focus: Primary Care
October Toolkit. Download these resources to promote the value of Primary Care. Remember: Primary Care Week is October 1-7, 2017.